Blogger templates

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Accessories for My XT8 Dobsonian

These are the accessories I have purchased with my XT8 Dobsonian telescope; they work very well and without them, I couldn't get such great views of the moon's surface or Jupiter and the Galilean moons! Of course the 2 objects can be seen without all of the fancy accessories, but these will enhance the view.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25mm Orion Sirius Plossl Telescope Eyepiece - $45.95
"The 25mm Sirius Plossl provides crisp views of many deep-sky objects such as nebulas and star clusters."

1.25" Orion 13% Transmission Moon Filter - $19.95
"The Orion 1.25" 13% Transmission Moon Filter reduces the glare so you can see more lunar detail and surface features with your telescope."

Orion Tri-Mag 1.25" 3x Barlow Lens - $55.95
"Delivers a 3x magnification boost to any 1.25" telescope eyepiece, greatly increasing your available viewing magnifications."

Orion EZ Finder II Telescope Reflex Sight - $39.95
"A small red LED dot is projected onto a non-magnifying viewing window so you can aim the telescope quickly and easily."
[The EZ Finder II with LED pointing.]

I give these accessories 5-stars in my opinion - they are great starter accessories and easy to use!
Once again, highly recommended.
You can purchase these accessories here: www.telescope.com

1 comments:

I have the exact same accessories, Hollie and I agree; they are very good. Some people have said that the Ezfinder scope isn't the greatest but it works well for me. The 3x barlow gives plenty of magnification,to. My moon filter (same as this one) was intially hard to screw onto the eyepiece or barlow but it was just that the plastic threads on the filter were new and had slight flaws; after putting in on and off a few times there were no more problems. I wasn't sure if the filter went on the barlow or eyepiece. Now I know. thanks. Love my XT8.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More